Saturday, December 05, 2015

The Board Basting method for basting a quilt

Following some discussion today at the sew-in regarding basting methods for quilts, I thought I would share this video that Cinzia shared with us a while back on Sharon Schamber's Board Basting method.

Personally, I have a small workspace and two cats so spreading a quilt out on a large table or the floor to baste it really isn't an option. I finally tried the board method and was so happy with the results, it is the only way I will do my basting now... it is very simple and especially good for someone with limited table/floor space.

The videos aren't great quality, but are worth a watch all the same. If anyone would like a demo of the method done at one of our meetings, just let us know and we can arrange it!

Part one


Part two

No comments:

Post a Comment